urpmi is Mandriva's PackageManagementTool. It's a dependency-resolving front-end to RPM.
You need to configure urpmi on your machine to point to the package repositories you want to use. An easy way to do this is with easyurpmi. Make sure when configuring sources, you match the exact version of Mandriva that you are using.
There are different types of sources.
- The main distribution's packages
- Updates to packages in main
- Other packages contributed to this version
- Packages from the Penguin Liberation Front, which are generally absent from main for legal reasons
- Non-Free packages from PLF
- Java packages for Linux