HTTP handler issues
Set the preference
and point it at the launcher for Firefox on your distribution.
- In addition, so Thunderbird can redirect some additional protocls (FTP and HTTPS) add the following
- user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/location/to/firefox");
- As well as that, you can define another FTP program to handle the FTP transactions (though Mozilla handles them just fine, try the following
- user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "/location/to/ftpprogram");
Some extensions recommended by various users. Right click and save as to install these, because if you use MozillaFirefox it assumes it is an extension for itself.
- OpenPGP message encryption and authentication. Requires platform-specific Enigmime extension
- Forumzilla is an extension to Thunderbird and Mozilla Mail for reading news and blog feeds (all flavors of RSS plus Atom). It lets you read feeds using the familiar three-pane mail interface.
- No New Window on Double Click
- Prevents Thunderbird from opening a new window when you double click a folder.