Advocacy planning for 2003.
Some freeform notes from the meeting:
Apply for a WEL Energy Trust grant - perhaps purchase data projector
We need topics for the year (need about 9 or 10)
- the LUG should select a "desktop linux distro" of choice and look at having a common platform for supporting users issues
- a distribution for business users
An introduction to Unix - what it is, why it does what it does etc, the Unix model; similar to what was covered in Uni tutorials
- Installfest? (See Distro of Choice)
What can linux do now (that it couldn't do previously)
- Multimedia - music, video, cd copying
- Windows + linux compatiblity
- Wireless and wardriving - CRCNet presentation?
- Anti spam and anti virus
- Advanced routing, gateway, qos, source based routing,
Work to establish the WLUG Library.
- Member owned books/loans - need some system for this
Throw a Linux lan party?
Need diversity of membership - try and up membership numbers in both Linux professionals and new users
Use Knoppix to show Linux off to new people
Part of OldMeetingTopics