James' place 31 Aberfoyle Street. 7:30
- Present: LizQuilty, BruceKingsbury, RodAldridge, JamesPluck
- Apology: JohnBillings
- Absent: ChrisOHalloran, BryceUtting
- Accepted (moved: BruceKingsbury seconded: LizQuilty)
- (Treasurer at Linux Conf. No report)
room bookings for 2009. Some restrictions this year due to reduced funding in CS, we can only use rooms that CS get for free..
- BruceKingsbury to discuss options with Sally-JoCunningham? around access to the CompSci? department's available rooms.
IdeasForFutureMeetings - If Sunday falls through (Editor: Fell Through - past Tense) I think Graham owes us a presentation. ;-) Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP) perhaps, or migrating businesses from 'doze to 'nix
- LizQuilty to talk to Aaron (WAND Group) about giving a presentation on some of their latest "Ooo Shiny" projects.
- LizQuilty also suggested talking to local businesses and getting them to talk to WLUG about how they use Linux/FOSS in their businesses. This will give a twofold bonus - The business will get to promote itself to a receptive audience in their target market and WLUG gets some interesting speakers. (BruceKingsbury suggested we also ask said businesses if they would like to book a table at SFD).
- RodAldridge would like to see a presentation on virtualisation.
- Android - What is it? How does it work? What is it good for? Is it worth it.
- Section 92A - Copyright Act - How does this affect FOSS, Linux and your average computer user. BruceKingsbury to approach AlexKing? to see if he is willing to help with this topic.
- Cloud computing and the battle for the next user interface.
undoing wiki.linux.net.nz's pagerank dilution without upsetting anyone or breaking existing links and bookmarks. Can we wrap the content in a frame so google sees wlug as the source and wiki.linux.net.nz is still in the address bar? redirect? something else?
- LizQuilty suggested The use of a frame with the content of the frame containing a redirect to the wlug.org.nz equivalent address should work well. LizQuilty to discuss solution with PerryLorier
- No new business raised.
- Meeting closed at 20:45
Next committee meeting: CommitteeMeetingTopics.2009-03-30
CommitteeMeetingTopics (for to make a backlink)