Getting a Grandstream BudgeTone phone working with Asterisk
Buy a phone from DickSmith Electronics.
Find it's IP address (menu, down, menu) and go to it with a web br
Log in with password 'budgieclub'. Thanks, Hayden!
- type in SIP server to 'SIP server' box
- leave outbound proxy blank
- type your extension number (or whatever your SIP id is) into 'SIP User ID' and 'Authenticate ID'
- Type your password in 'Authenticate password'
- Set your name as you see fit
- remove TFTP upgrade server
- set NTP server
Click 'update', go back to Advanced settings, and click 'reboot'.
You should probably support Slingshot's iTalk, as they might subsidise the phone. See AsteriskItalkSetup.